Review: Maybelline Full 'n Soft Mascara

Hello my lovelies! I'm sick in bed today so I wasn't able to film any tutorials or take pictures of a FOTD but I thought I would bring you a review of a product I have been trying for the past couple of weeks.

i know I have mentioned it in a few videos before, but I LOVE drugstore mascara. I can honestly tell you that I have never before spent more than $15 on a mascara in my whole life because I have been perfectly happy with mascaras from the drugstore!



I recently bought Maybelline's Full 'N Soft mascara after hearing some good reviews. I have been using it for the past couple of weeks and while I think it is good, it has not become a new holy grail product for me. 

This mascara would be the perfect everyday mascara for someone with average lashes. I really like the shape of the brush as it grabs onto every lash but never clumps. Because the mascara is very soft and flexible after it dries, it basically never flakes! I also had no problems with smudging throughout the day (I was using the "washable" formula for reference). 


The main issue that I had with this mascara is that it took a lot of work to make my lashes stand out at all. My lashes are very short and have hardly any volume on their own, and because I don't have much to work with in the first place I really had to work with this to get to it coat every lash and get the effect that I wanted. As I said before, this mascara would be perfect for somebody with decent lashes looking for a natural-looking mascara. If you have short, thin lashes like mine, you may want to look for something that gives a little more oomph for a little less work.

Overall, I will continue to use this product but I don't think I will be repurchasing it after this tube has run out. I love the "soft" part of "Full 'N Soft" but it just did not deliver on the "full" part. 

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good drugstore mascara that both lengthens and volumizes without clumping, smudging or flaking? Perhaps I am asking for too much :P

Thank you so much for stopping by for some Cosmetic Confessions! Have a beautiful day!
xoxo, Caitlin

0 comments:

Post a Comment